School meals are provided by Olive Dining:
The school canteen has a weekly set lunch menu in place. Menus are on a three weekly rota. Week 1 starts at the beginning of each term.
To view each menu please select the links below.
The canteen runs a series of meal deals for just £2.15. Please see the poster below for details:
Food and nutrition is very important in Forest Gate Community School. If you are giving your child a packed lunch please take a look at this website for ideas on how to ensure it is balanced and nutritious:
Cashless Catering System
From Monday 11th January 2016, an entirely cashless system will be used for students to pay for meals. Students will no longer be able to top-up their accounts with cash.
Electronic payments can be made in two ways:
- On-line via a sQuid payment account
- In shops using a top-up card where you see the PayPoint sign
Directions can be found below and further information is contained in the following letter:
Create an account and register with sQuid
Simple to setup, simple to use
You should have received a welcome letter from the school with your own unique sQuid registration number (16 digits long) and a 3 digit security code. You need to register with sQuid, create and account and enter these numbers. You will then be able to top-up your account and view your balance and transactions.
If you have lost your sQuid registration details, please contact our cashless catering system administrator Jacqueline Mutanhu (020 8534 8666, Jacqueline.Mutanhu@forestgatecst.org).
Register and create an account with sQuid:
- Enter a few personal details to create an account
- Top-up your sQuid cashless catering account online
- Top-up from a bank transfer/credit or debit card
- Protect your card balance should it be lost or stolen
Login to your sQuid account to:
- Check your balance; do you need to top-up?
- View your transactions to check your spending
- Top-up your account; bank transfer/credit or debit card
- Update your details and preferences
Having created a sQuid account you will then be able to view your account balance and a breakdown of transactions online at any time.
Using a Top-Up Card
Top-up cards can be used in shops where you see the PayPoint sign. To obtain a card please complete the application form enclosed with the cashless catering letter and return to the school office.
Free School Meals
To qualify for free schools meals, you must complete the online application form: